BrotherCenter | The flash process is a process that is usually carried out by users / users when their cell phones cannot run as they should. For example, a dead cell phone cannot turn on or a bootloop cell phone. Here we will explain in detail the steps for how to flash Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite. We have also provided links to download ROMs and tools for flash below.
Finally Xiaomi introduced a cheap variant of Mi 8 with the name Mi 8 Lite. The screen of the Mi 8 Lite is an IPS LCD with a span of 6.26 inches and a resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels, unlike the Mi 8 which uses a Super AMOLED screen with the same resolution, the Mi 8 Lite itself comes with the latest OS from Xiaomi, namely MIUI 10.
The chipset itself uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and is accompanied by GPU Adreno 512. There are 2 available RAM options, namely 4/6 GB, while there are two storage options, namely 64 and 128 GB. In the camera sector, the Mi 8 Lite uses dual cameras, both on the back.
On the rear camera, the dual camera has a 12 MP dual pixel PDAF resolution and a 5 MP depth sensor, while for the selfie camera it uses a camera with a 24 MP resolution.
While the Android flashing process itself can be interpreted as re-installing if applied to a computer or laptop. Flashing is commonly used to fix various problems such as
Bootloop Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite phone.
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite phone forgot password.
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite phone restarts itself.
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite phone hank or.
- The Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite cellphone is totally dead, aka hardbrick.
Actually the various problems above can be caused by the users themselves and only a small part due to system errors. If a problem occurs as mentioned above, then flashing is needed to fix your cellphone.
Besides being able to fix various software problems on the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, flashing can also be used for other things. An example is updating the operating system to be newer or just trying a new custom ROM that is different from the original ROM / Firmware.
Before you flash the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, it’s better to prepare the following materials for download.
Link file name
- Stock ROM MIUI Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite Download
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite USB Driver (adb) Download
- Mi Flash Tool Download
- Tutorial Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite
How to Flash the Latest Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite ROM
If you are sure that the bootloader is open, then you can follow the steps below to flash the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite.
1. Install the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite driver and Mi Flash Tool that were downloaded earlier.
2. Extract the Mi 8 Lite Stock ROM file to the PC. Try to create a new folder first before extracting it to place the extracted results later.
3. Open Mi Flash Tool, then select the location of the extracted ROM by clicking the “select” button on the left side of the Mi Flash Tool application.
4. At the bottom right of the Mi Flash Tool application, click the dropdown menu where there are several choices of flash types.
- Select “flash_all” if you want a clean flash process, alias all data and internal memory will be erased and the bootloader will still be open
- Select “flash_all_except_data_storage if you want to flash without deleting the data in the internal memory and the bootloader is still open
- Select “flash_all_lock” if you want a clean install then the bootloader will be locked again
5. Please choose one, but I recommend choosing “flash_all” so that your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite cellphone is clean again like when you first bought it, especially before carrying out the flash process, we have reminded you to back up important data contained on the cellphone.
6. Now for cellphones, turn off your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite and enter fastboot mode (press and hold volume down + power button) until the Xiaomi fastboot logo appears. If it appears, then immediately release the button earlier.
7. Then connect the cellphone to the PC.
8. Then in the Mi Flash Tool application, click the “refresh” button so that the application detects your Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite cellphone that has been connected to the PC earlier.
9. After the cellphone is detected, click the “flash” button to start the flashing process. Wait until the process ends and after flashing the ROM is complete, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite phone will restart itself.
10. Wait for this restart process, it will take a little longer than usual.
That’s how to flash the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite and you can try to do the root process by following the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite root method. See you in the next TutorApplication article.