Brother Center | Moringa leaves are considered one of the most nutritious plants and known as a magical tree.. If the benefits of this leaf are studied more deeply, you will be amazed to know that this leaf is not only able to help speed up metabolism but also plays an important role in reducing dandruff in hair and moisturizing dry hair.
Launching the Times of India, Moringa leaves contain pterigospermin which acts as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal which helps in the prevention of dandruff, itchy scalp, psoriasis, eczema and bacterial blisters.
In addition, Moringa leaves are rich in Omega-3 which plays an important role in hair development. When moringa is applied to the hair, the Omega-3 present in it becomes an excess layer. It closes the pores in the cortex of the hair shaft thereby helping the nutrients in the hair to be retained and increasing moisture.
The benefits of Moringa leaves can be obtained from leaf extracts that have been processed into capsules. There are also those who get the benefits of Moringa leaves by brewing it like tea or cooking it as a vegetable. However, Moringa leaves can also be used as powder by mashing it until it becomes smooth.
If you want to make your own hair powder from Moringa leaves, here is a tutorial on how to make it:
1. Clean the leaves without any moisture remaining. Make sure you don’t dry the leaves in the sun. After that, wash the leaves.
2. After washing, then dry with a clean cotton cloth. You can also use another cloth to speed up the drying process.
3. Once dry, remove the leaves from the stems and spread them onto a large plate.
4. After that, be sure to keep the plate with Moringa leaves away from sunlight. You can cover the leaves with cheesecloth to protect them from the sun.
5. Then, set it aside for four to five days and by the sixth day, the leaves will really look dry and crunchy. The Moringa leaves are ready to be used as powder.
6. It should be noted that the drying time of the leaves will vary with temperature. Generally, leaves take two days to dry, but sometimes it can take as long as seven days.
7. The next step is to store the dried leaves in a glass container. Then gently place it in a chutney grinder or coffee grinder. Fill with leaves and mix two to three times until the leaves become a fine powder.
8. Moringa leaf hair powder is ready to use.